Shipbuilding is one of the oldest industrial branches on the Slovenian coast and goes back to the 13th century. Near by the town Portorož group of three shipyards were located during the period from 1870 to 1951. Shipyard Izola is a dynamic Slovenian company founded on the basis of those three shipyards and transferred to the present location in Izola.
On the area of 40.000 m2 we have workshops and stores of about 6.800 m2. We own approximately 170 m of prime water front with currently 700 m available for berthing. At the end of the pier is a floating dock with 8.500 tons lifting capacity for the vessels up to 25.000 dwt (max. length 165 m, max. breadth 23 m). Shipyard has also two slip-ways with area of 1.800 m2 for repairing / newbuilding of ships long up to 60 m and 16 m wide (700 tons).